Tuesday, October 4, 2005

reconnaissance..

..with the page (on the web).

Its been a long, long while. And I kind of worry that my neighbour clicking keys next to me will see the screen. I'm a very shy kind of a person. I really want to anonymise this blog now. Parading my words is exhibitionism enough.

Maggie's been writing so well on her blog, makes me feel ashamed for having stayed away so long, and she notices enough to know that I've been away, and she's always there encouraging. Maggie, the cheerleader. She knows what's important to me; somehow its so easy to see it when you're someone else looking into another life.

Talking about looking from the outside, I was looking at Zamalek going over the bridge, and then I realised that I was looking at a scene from the 'outside', a point that could be said to be objective. But even this objectivity - where you could see things in their surrounding - had a point of view. I could see the same island from another side, from on top from above like a map - it could have all these different angles, and different inclusions and exclusions. Even occlusions, things that it hid - its blind spots.

I took out this thick book from my brother's library on "Do What You Are". Some sort of career guidance book - and its so darn thick I could make a career reading it. I wish these things came in easy-to-read bullet-form pamphlets, titled so: "How to decide on your marriage partner". "Knowing the right career for you". "Knowing when to kick that person out of your life". "Saying NO" - although the latter should come in a three-step process. Breathe in. Say NO. Now smile, and feel accomplished my child.

I read The Little Prince recently. In fact, its in my bag and I am reading "Letter to a Hostage" by the same author. I feel like I haven't been reading many books, maybe I should keep track and that way I will know that I am reading, and doing things, even though it feels like I haven't been.

Also, I quit the job at the Egyptian Gazette. A lot of hum-hawing that ended up in Breathe in, say no, feel accomplished. I think I made the right decision though. I hope what's coming is better.

1 comment:

anandsharma said...

Is it possible for you to put one picture of White Desert on your blog?