Monday, June 20, 2005

10 more days...

..or less if I stick by my 'quit this job' plan. And its high time. It really is about making some independent strides, and even at 26, it is new to me. Not that I'm incapable of doing things alone, or rebelling, or fighting for them, but even now I feel somewhat compelled to do things according to parental blessings. Which is a shame, considering their expectations of me are very different than mine of myself - causes a whole load of conflicting and unnecessary trauma/drama whatever.

I sthould just learn to stickfast like superglue. :) Maybe I should make that my icon to remind myself.

I have this amazing chance to attend a live8 concert in Hyde Park, where wee's won some tickets, and last night I was slogging to convey to Dad how i'll be fine, how i really don't want to fight.. and just when i thought i had him convinced and went up to hug him for being a brave dude, he says 'i didn't say yes'. As if I was bribing him for something he had resolutely taken a moral stand again. It makes me want to cry that I have to beg for things that are correct, that are fine. He told me 'You've had so much in life.. you got to travel blabla' and its true, I have; I have been lucky. But why should I not want more. I'm only 26 for crying out loud! I want out!

and gawdammit if someone who cares or doesn't reads this.. its better out in the open.

7 comments:

Brad said...

The process of establishing one's life apart from one's family is rarely easy. Parents are used to certain boundaries and a certain degree of control, and tend to take it personally when your adulthood doesn't accomodate that.

Anyway, good luck with it all.

And wow - Live8! I wish I could say I'd see you there. I'd love to go just for the Pink Floyd reunion. Have a great time.

CK said...

Thank you Brad! I'll post up pictures - if i go. and Insha Allah I shall. :)

Anonymous said...

Life is always testing us in such ways to prove our worth and strife to those who love us the most - our parents. Little by little, I suppose with each new accomplishment you gain in their eyes you will be one more step closer.

Nica said...

Hopefully you will go.
And I know you will. You HAVE to.
Anyways, finals are officially over! and I'm done with school I don't know what my next plan is.. but I have learned my lesson not to plan too ahead.
Well, I'm thinking of going to England or somewhere that's not Korea to do my masters but who knows. For right now, I'm stuck until I do get enough money saved up to leave this place.
But until then, I'll do my best to live life the fullest as you shall too. And you know what's weird?
I MISS Egypt!
Well, gotta go get some sleep now but I'll give you a ring soon. just give me your number so that I can reach you. email me!
LOVE you MISS you
and HUGS!!!

And Sorry it's late
But Happy Birthday!
I did remember your birthday.
I thought I had sent you an e-card.. well, I'm sorry.
But Happy Birthday!
Love you!

CK said...

Hey!

Thanks you all! You've been so supportive, and I think I'll be going!! At least its a yesser from Dad now. Now I feel bad for having posted something semi-nasty.

and anon (meryam?), that's completely true its a two-way process of learning to trust in each other.. i just am a bit impatient at times..

I'll let you know all about trip and everything, rest assured. thanks again. and although dad's not reading this, 'i love you dad!'

Anonymous said...

Animo!!

gaba

CK said...

gaba!! :O :)

your english has improved so much!!!
i'm so amazed. reminded me of lacoctelera.com. should show up there soon:)