Tuesday, June 28, 2005

UK, UK, going to UK..!

so, things have fallen together in some weird stroke of luck!!

i'll be going to UK, mainly triggered by Wiam winning concert tickets. My quit-job-date fell around the same time, and kailash generously (although that's not unusual of him) offered to pay a large part of the expenses. Further, it looks like Meryam is going to be there around the same time. And it will be the second time (if things work out) that I'll meet her randomly in another country. First time was when she visited chicago and then came down to see me in urbana-champaign. it was lovely!

Then, I might get to see nikki and all. I'm just amazed that I'll be going to those rock-hard concerts, and its for a good cause too. So no guilt for going all the way!

And for a change, I'll get to see UK and friends there, as I have been intending to, for a long long while. :) Yippee! I'll post pictures!

3 comments:

sisil said...

weeee... have fun babes!

maggiemelba said...

Chichi! Maalesh.. I must have flipped out on your brother a bit when the London bombs went off last week... I was worried (sniff) because I didnt know where you were!... anyway... despite the drama, I hope youre having fun, didnt lose your voice whilst thou was rocking and rolling and singing your brains out amidst the crowd. There have been lesser dramas in Cairo, cerainly nothing worth mentioning (unless its at a table and over a flourescent cocktain yaani). We just miss you very much.

titty-boom!

Nica said...

Hey!
How's UK?
Hope you're having a blast!
I recently had my B-party..^^
was fun. though wished you could've been there.
Anyways, have fun.
and talk to you soon!