Tuesday, September 14, 2004

People

I write to update my handful of members with stuff to read. It was nice receiving posts from Meryam and Wiam. So, I went to university today to begin my study routine, and it went off okay to shyte. I got the books and all, and then proceeded to search for summaries online which were amazingly difficult to find until I replaced the word “summary” with “analysis”. :-P



At university I met persons A and B, and A was an ass and B was rather nice even though I’d seen A much more often than B in the past. Perhaps, it is because I saw B more recently. Anyhow.. There was also this party on the 10th, Fannie’s birthday – a French friend of Kailash’s. It was great, met some very interesting, intellectually stimulating people there, esp. this one dude but I didn’t get his number or contact. Well, he didn’t either.. Pity because we did make some sort of projection of meeting in AUC in the near future, which has not happened yet.



Finished reading Mulk Raj Anand's "Untouchable". His writing was feverishly driven forward by his love for a girl who refused to marry him until he was published (???). Having been refused by around 19 publishers, he even contemplated suicide (??). No matter though, it was a short read, and a good one. Not a catechism (a big word for you as i leave ;-) )

No comments: