Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Gattaca and Mask-Off

I finally saw Gattaca. Thank God for Cable TV! One more Ethan Hawke movie I got to see! Hehe, couldn’t help thinking through parts in the movie, so this is where Uma and Ethan were falling in love. Remember Myriam telling about a recent interview with Ethan where he talked about all the publicity hype around his divorce as a tax he has to pay for being famous. He’s also a writer, and I remember browsing some book at the store which he had dedicated to Karuna, Uma’s middle name.



Last night, I got interviewed by – more like had a chat with – the owner/publisher of an new magazine called “Mask-Off”. I went in all casual in my jeans to Diwan (bookstore/café) and we ended up in nearby café, Cilantro, already chatting about ideas and what the magazine should be about. My interviewer, Tamer, had a very subtle style of questioning. Besides, I’m very stupid and uninformed about interviews anyhow. He just basically pointed out pages, concepts, title and asked me “What do you think about it?” And I blabbed… Apparently, that seemed to work out well, didn't have to lie about how (dis)organised I can be. I seem to have bagged it. Best part is that he is willing till I have finished my masters to ease up a little about working at the office twice a week in Nasr City, which is about 40 mins. drive from where I live. I’m already bursting with ideas for the mag, and excitement at the idea of having that much responsibility/free-rein. Or at least that is what I hope to have. Lets pray for the best!

No comments: