Sunday, February 5, 2006

does silence have an outline?

If you leave something out, does it leave a shadow on the rest of your post, the rest of your words?

The sun is shining on my face from the window - and I shy away from it because it will hurt my eyes but it is such a comfort on this wintry day - these present but rare moments of sunshine. When happiness can be so bright 'it burns your eyes' like Oprah says.

Actually I need to find the context in which oprah said that. She was talking about the future - maybe someone else's future.

I am talking of the present. The gift of the egyptian afternoon sun on an otherwise cold february day. It feels good to wear black cottons. It feels good to have sun pouring yellow on one-half of your face. It feels good to be in your pajamas at 3 pm on a workday, a sunday here in cairo.

Life can be good if you look at the sunny side.

No comments: