Wednesday, January 25, 2006

cooking for friends...


...is such a blessing. wabi-sabi = weathered melancholy, or happy-sad. a japanese terms as one of the friends invited for dinner said.

i will miss this couple terribly. they're going to australia for good and will be married soon. I am so glad that i actually got my ass around to work and cook them dinner. and it wasn't too bad after all. they really enjoyed themselves, and although i was slightly nervous in the manner that hosts can be sometimes, i know that i was very relaxed, and knew that things were going just okay.

how does one describe excellent friends? that question probably has a very pretty answer, but how does one say goodbye?

of course i'm completely in love with them, and it just feels like someone rubbed eraser on my heart, and its all blurry and unclear and dirty-messy where something needs to have been said. its like seeing through tears. and i can get just this emotional. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i already miss them, and they're leaving in a week. i don't want to think about the week after, and the parties where we won't meet, the nights where they won't play music and tell outlandish jokes.

they brought me flowers!

1 comment:

Victim Of Desire said...

hi, landed on your page from www.43things.com. How I landed there is a long story..

I noticed that even you have put the "make poverty history" banner on your blog. Believe me I am glad to see that..I used the word 'even' becuase I have it on my blog too..and I have told all my blogger friends to put it on their blogs as well..

wish you good luck with your goal of getting published one day!