Sunday, August 28, 2005

To write, or not to write..

That

is

was the question. :)

From my diary:

All I do is think - of the job I do not have,of the man I do not have and rue the time I have, which I did not have earlier.

The time I didn't have to learn Spanish, I have now.
The time I didn't have to play guitar, I have now.
The time I didn't have to pick up the recorder, I have now.
The time I did not have to write, I have now.

And yet - I rue the not-haves over the haves. If I weigh them all, I want my time, and I have it. Yet, I lose it to worrying over what I don't have. Time to reclaim, time to call back time, and make it mine. To be or not to be - to write or not to write, when there is only one truth which is that, I am here, and I must write.

Stupid Hamlet, to be or not to be, my ass.

Feel much better now that I dissed at Shakespeare's Creation! :)

When you are in the throes of work, the only question should be, in true Egyptian style English, "To pee, or not to pee".

4 comments:

Godsdragon said...

That's funny! LOL did you see the movie Forrest Gump?... I just quoted him telling president Kennedy he had to go pee...
BTW: ( I am Broken Wings at 43T)

girish said...

random trail: please dont be perplexed. this exercise was interesting. would you take the trouble to go through it?

enfield bike + manipal (google search) -> docvlhc (docvlhc.pitas.com) -> pitas.com
-> members -> angelbitch.pitas.com -> friends -> yasmina -> www.bananeira.net/stories -> www.43things.com/people/progress/miss_yasmina/194289 -> miss_yasmina is doing this on a team with 28 other people -> Chitra
6 entries -> www.43things.com/person/Chitra -> http://esperanza.blogspot.com/ -> Sunday, August 28, 2005
To write, or not to write.. -> posted by CK at 5:59 PM | 1 comments -> this is where I am right now. Hi, if you have gotten this far, I am Girish. Maybe i am making an assumption but seems like you also contribute to magazines. I work at a newspaper as a graphic designer based in New Delhi. I am, however idiotic this may sound, smitten by you and I dont know why. So, would you like to do a feature (something that you think will make for a good and meaningful read, for a newspaper in India, just for the heck of it - the email id is girishbht@yahoo.com). Please let me know.

sisil said...

Scriptito ergo sum. I write therefore I am.

:)

Nica said...

My thoughts EXACTLY!!
well, these days..
I'm too confused to think at all
MY do I need a vacation..