Thursday, May 12, 2005

Giessen = German for ‘watering plants’ (from high school memory)

Lots of stuff to blog today. Your mind becomes blog-oriented after a while… its the writing life. You steal from your life just so you can write about it. You’re always watching, notepad in your head, sentences ready to be typed and saved.

So here’s one.

I have mastered the art of dirty-looking.

My regular victim is poor Dad, who just returned from his trip to Dubai. He made some unpleasant remark about my facial hair just before I went to the ‘beauty parlour’; he had it coming. I gave it to him, and he immediately offered, “Sorry”. Love the power! Go eyebrow-raise, scoff power!

Oh, and I got my hair trimmed today, and couldn’t stop dancing and prancing about with it when I came home today. It didn’t take any broken-hearted affair to get it done either, or maybe the haircut was long overdue. I think the latter.

I just have to share two very special incidents. I got a great email from Falco, and it did make my day! But even more so, I got a complete surprise as a guy at the office, who is a peon of sorts, walked in randomly to my office, and brought in a small pot with one of those everywhere plants, the ones you take-for-granted, and go oh-so-ugly. But he picked out this one.



‘Aww’ is all I can say! I was stunned. I let him put the plant amongst my other plant collection and he was off, leaving me with a goofy smile, and like I told Meryam over the email (omigawd, you’re on the blog again), I still have the smile when I think of it.

Omigawd I got a flower on a plant today!!! Awww…!

Err.. its another matter that just before I left I decided to have a lookie and noticed that it was dying. I poured in a bit of water hoping it will be resuscitated, but even if its not, the memory is well alive, and I’ll keep watering it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny how as i'm reading your blog the people next to me are talking plants: non-chemical remedies to black dots, white fungi and alfids. hmm :)

CK said...

I'm awfully curious. Who is this? cos i still haven't figured out..

speaking of the 'speaking of which..', a friend and I now have an exclamation for 'coincidences' such as these, "Christos anesti!!"

Anonymous said...

what if i tell you it was nick and irene talking plants??!

and i don't remember where now, but yesterday i saw the name pablo neruda, which i haven't thought of since our whole "pablo neruda!" thing - what was the whole thing anyways?!!

(and if you still don't know who this is, we might really have to break up this time .. ;)

CK said...

irene? georgia-the-country-not-the-state irene? if so, what's she doing in hk??

if she's visiting, that makes me awfully jealous.. especially because..

*drumroll*

"I am familiar with the works of pablo neruda".