Wednesday, March 30, 2005

days of the week..

I gave up on the stupid connection to the internet, although I really wanted to go online. Cannot believe that it spurs a slight depression – this lack of connectivity. Haha, as if the internet were some sort of substitution for company, which really it is. Mom and Dad have both gone to Cairo (the Promised Land with the Nile), leaving me to Port Said, work and driving lessons and yes, an 8 to 4 dose of the internet amongst other things. Well, I would do some reading but I’d rather write right now. I left the Julia Cameron book behind this week in Cairo. I’ll be leaving this Thursday I suppose, and for some personal reasons – its better that way.

Dad is going on a trip tomorrow, and that puts a lot of responsibility on me. I’m glad Harjas (Dad’s friend) is around, but it reminds me slightly of my driving trip today. Shawki, driver-cum-driving-teacher, left me to my own devices today, since I suggested I drive within the factory bounds (which is a large compound in itself)… not that it is in any way ‘sheltered’, quite the contrary. Anyhow back to my metaphor, being here without dad will be like driving the car without the experienced teacher next to me, telling me which way to go. I can’t believe… yohoo, I paid dad a real compliment there. Although I do feel annoyed with the work, and sometimes the advice doled to me in large spoonfuls like unsavoury Nido milk powder, it really is nice to know that you can fall back on someone. Going to be a bit different for the few weeks Dad will not be around.

Yesterday, I bought a pair of Clarks’ shoes that really caught my eye when I went browsing with my brother. The liberty of having money (as Harjas put it) now that I am working in this field is so much different, although I do think I was earning a pretty penny as a grad student, too. Anyhow, I was so happy that Kailash came to Port Said, and helped out with some security related stuff. I remember when I had a shitty weekend, he sat down to talk to me and paid me some really nice compliments. Now if I could only find someone like Kailash… When I was on orkut I said I’d look out at his friends…. Unfortunately, not many of them are birds of the same feather. So, I do my own independent research :P not that it has yielded great results.. but oh what the hell, where is my prince charming? :P (I mean can you imagine I’m desperate enough to use that language..)

The shitty weekend that required a conference with Kailash was due to the fact that on top of my world going ‘damadol’ as they say in Hindi (I believe it sounds onomatopoeic enough not to require translation),.. well on top of all that, I twisted my ankles.. yes, BOTH my ankles. That was enough to convince that life was…well, unfair. *shock horror* as Dr. Rodenbeck (uni prof.) would say. Nostalgia :) Dr. Rodenbeck. But really I also want to talk about the parties I attended on Thursday..

2 comments:

Nica said...

well, prince charming, is a word that I've stopped using...(very long long time ago)
and nowadays, romantic movies are just a BORE!
I guess you and I really do need some romance in our lifes not the movies! =p

sisil said...

Hey girl, sorry I wasn't available when you were down and wanted to talk. I'm having a bad time at work (boss related) and things are very hectic, so many things to do with just two hands and a few work hours.

You sound happier on the newer post though, I'm glad.