Wednesday, February 23, 2005

You stole my words

These were the only two (creative) lines that I have written (but I have thought more) since I joined work the Saturday before last.

You stole my words
You stole all my words.

And although I was thinking about something completely different, it does apply to my current employed situation too. I voluntarily entered the factory at 7:30 am (another thing that i left immediately for some training/advice) and then left factory at 8pm. I'm pretty proud of myself - that I have been working hard and with some success in making contacts, and am getting at least some idea of what's going on, what things mean. I'm learning a new language, one where CMP, CMT, QIZ (new Israeli-Egyptian-US economic agreement), FOB etc etc. mean something.

You stole my words,
You stole all my words
I'm learning a language and I do not wish to speak.
I do not wish to speak.

(so maybe i should just shut up and not have spoken at all about it eh? ;) ).

So this Sunday, 20th of Feb 2005 to be precise, there was a QIZ conference that I attended on behalf of Klac Creations, and one of the speakers, a lawyer, Mr. Travis, repeatedly advised us to be 'aggressive'. And I remembered why I hated it so much.

Implication 1: You people are so lazy. Get a move on.
Implication 2: You people are so passive. Get a move on.
Implication 3: We the US promote you get a move on. That's business.

Welcome to McDonald's. Hey they're even aggressively advertising the Veggie Burger. Oohh and health.. now what was it about those two British activists and McDonald's lately?

Somebody please teach me how to add links to this thing... i'm too lazy :s

No comments: