Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Being in Port Said....

As many of you probably don't know, because it has been a rush, I've been in Port Said since Saturday evening. I been working. I been working for daddy. (i'm saying that in a low ya momma tone).

Its been better than I imagined. I mean its not that the manufacturing business is not tricky or even slimy - just that at the end of the day its a great feeling to have done some work that you know might lead to some tangible results. Right now the company is at a toddler phase so its like watching a baby grow when you know its got quite a bit of potential and you need to introduce it to the right people. Its enjoyable.

However, I really do want to make sure that this is not long term. I really have my eyes set in another direction, which is writing and travelling. And hey, my story actually got published! yayayayayayaaaaaa!

http://www.sulekha.com/weblogs/weblogdesc.asp?cid=24867

Plus, I also managed to finish an article for Egypt Insight covering the EU film festival on the side. I'll post that when/if it goes online. Here's a link to the event site:

http://www.eu-delegation.org.eg/en/News/70.asp

Not too hard since somedays there's little work at the factory, and I'm free most evenings.
I'll be returning to Cairo today for a long weekend till saturday morning or maybe friday evening.

Anyways, that's all for today, folks! Enjoy your breadcrumbs :)

No comments: