Saturday, August 7, 2004

Row, row, row your boat...

Just came back from rowing a while ago. To think that I was so freaked out by the prospect of being on a wobbly in water before, and now I can row on the Nile. I'm happy with myself, except my coach is practically killing me with corrections. "Chin up. Straight back. Lean back more. Relax (hahaha)". Its all fair enough, since he's only trying to better me. But since I only slept 3.5 hours last night... and what a boast, i woke up to row. I better get better at this sport! :)



Already its done me a lot of good, flatter belly, stronger arms, more stamina... plus, I can say something I couldn't before, "I row". And I remember when I told Karim and Meryam about rowing, they started, "Oh yeah, I remember when I went rowing..." :s. Not so original of me, hehe. Its sad, though, that while you're rowing enjoying the scenery some bored guard starts whistling or hooting and you wonder what they'd do if you crashed or tipped over.. if they'd really jump into the coke-can, kushari-plastic-box, beer-bottle-filled Nile. Not that that would happen... the crash... hehe.

No comments: