Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Dinner at the Akers'

So, we had dinner at Ram’s place last night and it is great to see him in Cairo again. I was talking to Eugene on the net just before I went and no doubt he must’ve been nostalgic, too, and passed his regards. I love Ram’s family, they’re all such genuine people, a quality that Ram visibly identifies and values in others, as I found myself telling Luciane, his girlfriend. It was very comfortable atmosphere, throughout, and I had my fair share of some great wine. And so no wonder, Luciane is one of those wonderful people, too. I spent a large part of the evening talking to her, and (since no one that will spill this to either party will read this) even ventured to ask her would she consider being a fiancé if say, she were asked tomorrow and she was all smiles, ‘Yeah. I really like his family’. Aw! Imagine!



I also did get a chance to have decent, if brief, conversations with all the rest of the guests. I’ve never felt so at home and so welcome. There was another older couple there, Mr. Ghassis Farid & his Belgian wife who had come down from Uruguay. Ram’s bro – Ishan – kept saying how much he loved the guy :) – and he was one of those adorable quirky old men that pretend to be a Casanova. Reminded me of Marigt (?) at the hospital and her hubby; people that grow old together, and end up knowing and loving each other for their eccentricities. Mr. Farid kept asking all the girls if they were married and how old they were – hehe, certainly not the delicate subtlety of Prince Charming. There was another pair, a very mixed and cosmopolitan couple. As was the party, where everyone spoke more than one language. It was GREAT. Did I mention the food?? Mmm, is all I’ll say.

No comments: