Friday, August 20, 2010

how to deal with people ignoring you

1) Do what a friend of mine used to: actually call out to people who had deliberately ignored him, and if they looked down, he would bend down to look up at them and wave and say "HI! It's me! N...." :)

2) Call them on the phone while standing squarely in their line of vision. When they see it's you that's calling, say "Yes, I thought the bell would ring. Am I on your phone still? Good. I thought you knew me too."

3) Ask a common friend to introduce you. Better yet, ask someone they don't know to introduce you to them. Imagine the confusion when they find someone they don't know is introducing them to someone they already know but tried (unsuccessfully) to ignore. "Hey {their name, cos you know it}, how are you? Meet {your name}."

4) Conjure funny scenarios in which people ignore you, and you get them back with your supreme wit, and hopefully both parties laugh. Cause laughter, my friends, is the manna of the gods.

Yeah yeah. :) Next time I'll try the other options :)

1 comment:

md said...

who could possibly ignore you, pajama girl?! i can imagine you looking up at someone and waving at them :P