Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recent Poems on the Past

Presents

I have yours in four books,
in a necklace with matching earrings, in some lost-and-forgotten things
in a small teddy bear, and in anklets I never wear,
in many, many, letters I re-read, and in wishes every night before bed.
You have mine in music,
in a handcrafted wood box that holds your name card
in a long, unusual letter that won back your heart (if only for a while).
in a picture of two pairs of interlocked hands.
in messages sent on phone between our desert lands.


Will

i will be reading a book when you arrive
i will be writing notes in my diary
i will be singing on overcoming
i will be tying the last knot
i will be occupied
i will be busy
i will be
i will
be
I.
Will I?


20 July 2010

2 comments:

A Reformed Cynic said...

I like, Chi...
Really good to see you back on the Poetree...
xxx

c said...

yalla come back to writing yourself cynic :) want to see you on internetree