Saturday, April 18, 2009

Next time you meet me...

....ask me if I've started to write again.
....ask me if I've picked up my guitar, if I've started to take guitar lessons.
....ask me how it's going with salsa.
....ask me something in Spanish, and ask if I understand, or if I'm making progress there.
....speak to me in Arabic, and insist I reply back in the same.
....ask me if I've been reading, and what I think about it.
....ask me if I've taken time out for myself - to be silent, to be alone, to be happy.
....ask me if I've taken a trip around the world, or around Cairo, or even around the block.
....ask me if I've cooked something new. or just cooked something I was proud of lately.
....ask me about how it's going with him. (yes you can!)
....ask me if I'm writing letters again.
....ask me if I want to draw.
....ask me if I just want to be silent with you.
....ask me if I've (ever/lately) seen the sun rise.
....ask me if I'm getting better at taking photos.

and then....
.....ask me not to ask too much of myself still, but do things a little bit at a time.

4 comments:

md said...

ahhhhhhhhh, nice post :) you forgot one question though: have you written to m yet?!! (ok, i know the answer is yet in this instance, but i'm sure that will change soon :P)

c said...

oh did you mean -the answer is "yes" ya md! :)

md said...

sniff. ok pajama girl, you caught one of my FEW ever typos :p

Maggie said...

im going to ask you each and every one of these questions over fries and mayo.. :D love you hun.