Thursday, October 2, 2008

Talking makes it easy....

Last week, when I was writing a review on this musical performance of oud (stringed lute), these are the words that i wanted to articulate. I didn't arrive at them for purposes of the article, but tehy came much easier when i was talking to a friend:

one of the functions of music may be to point to silence, to elaborate on it, like lace.

Looking back at many conversations i have had, i find that they act as catalysts to thoughts, even the articulate ones. But strangely enough, I've been told on more than one occasion that I articulate myself better in writing than in person.

I have many an msn chat, however, that is full of amazing repartee that I don't think I could duplicate in writing, should I be writing with me, myself, and pi. :)

No comments: