Saturday, September 20, 2008

"let's not talk"

...has been the hardest thing I've ever said, and the hardest resolution to follow through as well. It takes a kind of hard-hearted courage that does not come naturally.

And I have brilliant excuses to come off of the resolution - most notably, the Cosmic Excuse.

The Cosmic Excuse is that the universe is one, people are one, and equal, and equally lovable. Everyone is (like) me, and I am (like) all people. To deny someone my company, is to deny or reject myself. Thus, really I shouldn't be asking people not to talk to me.

Also Steve Pavlina confirms the interconnectedness between people in a nice article, saying how one should really not let fear come in the way of relationships...which could lead one to mistakenly think he is supporting the Cosmic Excuse.

But thankfully he is not. Pavlina himself gave the answer in another article:

You won’t be able to attract what you want while you’re still tolerating what you don’t want. You have to say “I quit” first. This is life’s test of courage. If you can’t summon the courage to quit what you know you don’t want, you certainly won’t have the strength to receive and hold onto what you do want. So you have to pass through this qualification test first. I know it sucks to have to go through it, but it’s there for a good reason.

You’re being asked, “Are you willing to step up? Are you willing to demand more from life? Can you prove you won’t settle for less than what you want?”


Yoko Ono once said that if she could only say one word all her life, that word would be "Yes."

Sometimes, in order to say "Yes," you have to say "No."

3 comments:

md said...

good for you!

you know, you don't really need any excuse to say no -the best reason is that it's not healthy/right for you. nothing else matters!

welcome back to the blogosphere :) hope this journey is a longer and more sustaining one :p

c said...

i love you md. :)

Eva said...

I LOVED THAT
In order to say YES, U need to say NO...

And Marriott says What is the question? The answer is YES!

(Would U like us to blow yr hotel to pieces?)