Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Procrastination..

I am lazy, and Cairo is very warm. The air from the fan that hits me is like a warm draft, that does nothing for the weather or my laziness. I’m reading Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie, also for my M.A. I’d rather be writing, and so I am. I will have to delay the exam, I don’t think I’ll be making it by mid-September.



To find your calling

is to find the intersection

Between your deepest gladness

And the world’s deepest hunger



Dr. Stewart Winger wrote something to that effect on the board while we were taking our final exam. His history lessons were the only ones I ever enjoyed – and he always posed interesting questions. I even enjoyed his examinations. Nerd! He had studied American History, and the African-American history in particular. We studied chapters from a book entitled Lies My Teacher Told Me. Unfortunately, I never got to meet its author, even though he was in Urbana-Champaign, and with some initiative, I could’ve.



Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.



“If only one had worlds enough and time..”

This laziness Chitra would’ve been no crime.



Back to reading…

1 comment:

sisil said...

Love what Dr. Steward Winger wrote!

Good luck reading babe.

I SHOULDA read more too. I WOULDA read more IF ONLY I don't procrastinate that much so I have more time reading. I COULDA been working more effectively and not procrastinate and thus have more time reading. BUT it's too hard to not procrastinate when the weather is warm, the mood is not there, and there are so many more interesting things to do instead of working. And so on and so forth.