Friday, August 20, 2004

Diaries of an Insomniac

*Listening to Etta James: Only Have Eyes For You*

I remembered the song, and wondered if I still had it on my computer, and thank gawd I did, amongst other Etta songs. And I’m all moon-eyed to this song, all drunk on its music. She has such a great voice, this woman, makes me want to get addicted to music. I wish I was in the jazz age (when was that?), in one of those jazz bars, with a printed dress that swirls when you turn and a flower-named-drink in my hand. :)



But here I am, an insomniac in my pajamas. I slept really late last night, too, and got up at 2pm, read, t.v.ed, chatted and surfed and did the normal daily stuff all day and showered into another pair of pajamas at 9pm. And now I’m chilling by myself relaxing and typing up my sleeplessness. Its not all that bad, not with the music, it ain’t that bad at all. I miss Meryam, more often than she perhaps knows, hehe. Every now and then I look around for a friend to whom I can call upon and that friend will be there… and more often than not, its Meryam I think of. Hehe, I would even write up some of the crazy conversations we’ve had about ‘purchasing pigs’, and whatnot... One day I’ll come by Hong Kong just to see ya! :)



Another lazy-voiced song by Etta.. one that I can identify with even more…. Fool That I am.

‘Foooooool thaaaaat I aaaaaaaaaam / For falling in love with you

Foooooool thaaaaat I aaaaaaaaaam / For thinking you love me too…..

You stole my heart and played your part of little coquette..



Fool that I am for hoping you’ll understand

And thinking you, would listen to, all the things

The things I had planned



But we couldn’t see eye to eye.. soo.. darling, darling, darling, this is good-bye,

But I still care, but Istillcare and ooooooooooh, fooool that I am

And ooooo but I still care, fooool that I ammm.



Yumm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss you too. but don't you dare write up any of our crazy conversations .. you've already mentioned too much ;)